Click on your profile picture at the bottom left. Then select "Settings"
A drawer will open at the right of the screen, and you'll see the general settings form with the following options, each with a "help button" linking to their explanation.
Select the language you prefer. Rambox is a continuous growing app, so localization will be introduced gradually.
You can choose between Light and Dark, Slate and Glossy themes.
Select where you want to see the app tab bar (default to "left"). Depending on if you select "Top" of "Bottom", you will have the option to hide apps labels entirely.
Display active App in window title
Some users need to use time tracking apps and be able to know on which app inside Rambox are at every moment, this feature allows Rambox to show in the title which App you are using. Example: Rambox - Slack.
Remove all badges when 'Focus mode' is active
Check this option if you don't want badges while the 'Focus mode' is on. If it's active, you will no longer have badges in any app nor workspace.
Enable apps consumption monitor
Check this if you want Rambox to notify any strange behavior from your apps (see App Metrics and Notifications). If you get notifications too frequently, you may consider disabling this option. You still be able to see apps consumption under Apps Manager panel. This option needs to relaunch Rambox to take place.
You can set the default directory where files are downloaded. If you set this to blank, Rambox would ask location every time you download a file.
Startup and Window Behavior
Open Rambox automatically on system startup
- Minimized: Rambox will start automatically minimized to tray and/or in the taskbar (see Display behavior).
- Yes: Rambox will start automatically on system startup.
- No: you'll need to initiate Rambox manually.
- Show in Taskbar: You'll see Rambox in the Taskbar.
- Show Tray icon: Rambox will minimize to Tray icon.
- Show in Taskbar and Tray icon: Rambox will be shown both in Taskbar and Tray icon.
Note: This option is not available in Mac.
Close button behavior
When you click on the Close button, Rambox will act as:
- Keep in Tray: when closed, Rambox will still be in your tray icon.
- Keep in Tray and Taskbar: when closed, Rambox will still be in the taskbar and in the tray icon.
- Quit: Will exit Rambox.
Always on top
If you enable this option, Rambox's window will be permanently on top of other applications.
Auto-hide menu bar (Linux)
If you disable this option the menu bar will be shown, If this option is enabled, you still can access the menu using the Alt key.
Show System Tray indicator on unread messages
If you enable this option, the tray icon will show you a red dot color if you have unread messages.
Flash Taskbar on new message
If you enable this option, the Taskbar will blink if you have unread messages.
Prevent lock app on system idle/lock
If you enable this option, Rambox will not automatically get locked if the device suspends or get locked.
Set how do you want to manage locking Rambox app.
- Disabled: Rambox won't be locked by any means.
- Master Password: Rambox will ask you for your password each time it locks (at start up, locking manually or automatically).
- YubiKey OTP: use YubiKey as locking device. For more information, see YubiKey.
Setting your Master Password
- Look for the "Master Password field" with the legend "Type an unlock passphrase...".
- Type in this field the passphrase you want to use it.
- Confirm your password.
- Save the changes.
Now, every time you initiate Rambox, you'll need to enter that password.
How to remove it?
- Look for the "Master Password field" with the legend "Type your current passphrase to remove lock...".
- Enter your current Master Password.
- Save the changes.
This allows Rambox to initiate without any password.
If you need to use a proxy server or application, here you can configure it.
- Auto-Detect: will detect your configuration automatically, without any further configuration.
- No Proxy: do not use proxy.
- HTTP, HTTPS, Socks, Socks4, Socks5: if you want to use a proxy, these options will show you some configuration fields for you to set.
Once you filled your Proxy's configuration. When you save the changes, they will be checked.
This option needs to relaunch Rambox to take place.
Enable hardware acceleration
Disabling this option could improve stability in non-fully supported devices, such as M1 macs. This option needs to relaunch Rambox to take place.
Enable HiDPI support
If you have a HiDPI monitor or laptop, enable this option to use Rambox in a higher resolution. This option needs to relaunch Rambox to take place.
Enable Media Keys support
If you don't want that Rambox capture the events of the media keys of your keyboard, you can disable this option (active by default). This option needs to relaunch Rambox to take place.
Default app settings
Each of the configurations in this section are used as default for any newly added app in your account and for any app which settings are set as "Default".